Thursday, December 15, 2011

Seussical the Musical

Nathan on the bus

On Monday I was privileged to be Nathan's date on his school fieldtrip to see "Seussical, the Musical."  He was so excited that I could go.  He was up by 6:00 that morning, all dressed in his Sunday best for the occasion.  We got to sit next to each other on the bus and hold hands.  Then we played "I Spy".  Then we teased the girls in seat in front of us.  There was a darling little girl sitting in the seat just across the isle from us that just kept staring at Nathan.  Finally I said to her, "He's pretty cute, isn't he."  When she smiled, I said again, "Yea, he is pretty cute, isn't he."  This time she just giggled and nodded her head.

The production was a very fast paced, entertaining, musical conglomeration of Horton Hears a Who, and Horton Hatches an Egg, mixed in with a love story and many, many references to other Dr. Seuss stories.  I loved it.  So did Nathan.  He got the isle seat and at one point, the Cat in the Hat came running down the isle singing.  He was asking some question in his song, something about what should Horton do, I can't remember.  Anyway, he finished his song right in front of Nathan, then bent down and asked Nathan the question he had been singing, handing him his huge, glittery microphone.  When Nathan didn't answer, the Cat replied, "Just as I thought, speachless."



Looking dapper at the theater


Uhhhhh!  Horrible picture of me!  But I had to put it in
as proof that I was actually there.

He wanted to sit by his friends on the bus ride home, so I sat in the seat behind them and just listened to him be such a cute little boy.  I got to chat with his fabulous teacher for a while.  She thinks he is pretty fabulous, too, and I must agree. 

No comments: