Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's day was magical for me.  John and I went on a real date on Friday night, sans children, to a nice restaurant, and to the temple.  We don't get to go on "real" dates very often anymore, so when we do, it is a real treat.

Saturday afternoon, we all converged on the Allen Center at Kellogg for a Mother's Day lunch.  They dedicated a whole room to Kellogg Kids, probably so that the other's being wined and dined in the Allen Center didn't have to listen to a bunch of kids running around during their lunch.  My children knew that this would be their last time eating in the Allen Center and were sure to take full advantage of the all-they-could-eat ice cream sundae bar.  Yum!

The kids had all made things at school to give me for Mother's Day and could hardly wait for me to open them.  In fact, Nathan and Brady tried to open them for me on Friday.  Instead, they all gathered around on Sunday morning, at a delicious breakfast that John had prepared, along with toast that Brady had prepared, and let me open their gifts. 



Isaac, teary eyed, admitted that he had not made me anything.  Then he handed me his hand made clay cup that he had worked so hard on for himself during art class.  What a sweet boy.

Brady made a coupon book and a clay bowl with a lid, along with a checklist of why I am the world's best mom.

Avery wrote me a very sweet note inside that cute purse card, along with a clay medallion to hang that read "Happy Mother's Day."

And Nathan showered me, quite literally, with glitter.  Inside he wrote why he loved me and drew a darling picture of the two of us.  He also painted a planter for me, and gave me his butterfly coming out of it's chrysalis.

It was a wonderful day, punctuated by a LONG nap, and a delicious dinner made entirely by John.  It was perfect.

No comments: