Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter has arrived. . . finally!

Winter has finally arrived in Chicago and it is swiftly making up for lost time.  It began snowing this morning at 10:00 at is still going strong.  I love it!

















The kids sped through their homework today so they could play outside, and didn't come in until I called them in for dinner (for the 50th time).  Actually, Will lasted only 10 minutes.  The rest of the afternoon he spent on the step stool looking out the window at his guys playing.

















Dear Johnny,

When are you going to come to terms with the fact that we live in Chicago, not Hawaii?  Slippers?  Seriously?





Isaac had his first choir concert tonight.  I am so proud of him for sticking with it, even though he was only one of seven boys, with, "like, a billion girls".  I know in 5th grade he may not appreciate that fact, but someday. . .

He sang like a champion and this mom could not have been prouder!  He even had a solo part, which he pulled off brilliantly!

3 comments:

Kendyl said...

Yay! Thanks for your blog address. We have one too but I am SO not as good as you are. I'm over a month behind at this point since Jeff bought me a new computer and I have no clue how to use it. Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite. kendyldaly@hotmail.com

I LOVE seeing all of your kids, you and Hema (who is john?) have a beautiful family. So fun to read about all your adventures and traditions!! We hope you guys are doing great! Tell Hema hello for us and that I LOVE that he's wearing flip flops in the snow...Jeff would be doing the same thing (except he won't live anywhere NEAR snow still!).

Kendyl

Jill said...

Thanks for the adorable Christmas card and the blog address. It is so fun to see what you and your family are up to. My blog is private, but send me your email and I'll add you (jtburton96@yahoo.com)!!! Hope all is well!!! Do you have any disneyland trips plan in the future?? I still laugh about our chance meeting at the world of color.

The Yosts said...

I laughed so hard seeing John in shorts and flip flops!