Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January, we love you

Who said Chicago winters were bad? 

Yesterday when I picked the kids up from school it was 58 degrees outside.  We ate our afterschool snack outside on the concrete slab while Isaac shot hoops and Avery did her homework.  Nathan dug in the mud and Brady talked to me about why his body was so healthy because he ate so many apples and carrots and not a lot of chips and queso, which is unhealthy. 

Sunshine is good for my mental health.  I sat outside and held Will all wrapped up in his beloved blanket for nearly 30 minutes.  He was a cranky pot waking up from his nap.

Because of the beautiful weather last Saturday, we all ventured out to a park just north of here, to shoot lasers at each other.  And here is where I thank Uncle Garrett, yet again, for the gift that allows my children to take out their pent up frustrations toward each other in a totally harmless way.  Best of all, it makes them run, and run hard, for however long I allow.  In this case, it was an hour!  Thanks for the exercise.


 

 

1 comment:

The Yosts said...

Must get laser guns for my girls!