Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Part Two: The Parties

We celebrated Halloween a total of 4 times this year.  Hooray!  It makes me feel justified in spending so much time sewing their costumes.  Actually, the costumes this year were not as labor intensive as some, Brady's required no sewing or gluing or taping or anything at all for that matter.  And for Yummy's costume I just had to tear up an old pillow case that I had kneaded in the mud in the back yard.  He looked pretty homeless, but that's the whole point of being a house elf, I suppose.  So cute!

Did I mention I love Halloween?  I love trick-or-treating in the brisk night air, watching the kiddos run through piles of leaves as they go from house to house.  I love the magic of costumes, that even a 10 year old can still appreciate.  And yes, the candy!  (See Hershey sponsored TG party below!)  Even when we lived in Texas and didn't get a proper Fall, I would have to say it is closing in on November and December as my favorite time of year. 

Every year, Hershey's chocolates sponsors a Halloween party at Kellogg.   They line up three long folding tables end to end, and then pile the candy up in mountains.  Because the kids had already attended this party last year, they knew what to expect, and came prepared to shamelessly shovel the candy into their bags.  I should say that I was embarrassed that they took so much, but I cannot tell a lie.  I coached Avery and Isaac on what kids to put into their bags, and what to leave on the table.  YUM! 

And there were even boxes of chocolates left over at the end of the night!

We also had a church party, which was great fun, and then parties at school, complete with a costume parade around the block.

Nathan at the Halloween Parade




Isaac pulling out his Elder Wand to curse someone


Brady (looking a little like a future politician) and his mad eye

Avery was by far, the most excited to see us.


1 comment:

The Yosts said...

love the Harry Potter theme- cute costumes!