Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chicago Light Festival

This morning the kids got up early as usual and watched Christmas movies that I checked out from the library, while John let me sleep in.  Hooray for Johnny! 

I haven't been a very good sleeper lately.  I lay in bed and think about different scenarios of where we should live, where we should look for a job, how to go about it, how it is going to turn out, etc. etc. etc. . .  And then I realize that it is really late and I can't fall asleep.  Anyway, sleeping in was a very nice treat.

When I got up we had a nice, big Saturday morning breakfast before heading off to do our Saturday chores.  We gave the kids an incentive to get everything done quickly and they worked really hard to earn it. 











Brady doing his deer-in-the-headlights impersonation.

We braved the crowds and the cold and headed into the city for the lighting festival and parade.  The parade was led by Mickey and Minny on an ice castle float and the Christmas lights down the Magnificent Mile lit up as they passed.  We sipped hot chocolate and listened to Christmas music playing in the background and were so glad that we went.  It was magical.

No comments: