Thursday, September 1, 2011

The First Day!

I can't believe this summer has come to an end. So much happened this summer (I mean A LOT) but that will have to wait for later. The kids officially started school one week ago, and so far, so good.






We, maybe not sooooo good. . .

Brady did push down the "mean girl" in his class. She didn't want to be friends with him, she said. He felt like every girl . . . errrr, every person, I mean, should be friends with him.

This coming from the boy who prayed last week that "Mom could have another baby, and let it be a girl, because baby girls are so cute." When he finished, I asked him why he wanted a baby girl so badly.  "Girls are so cute Mom. I just want to marry them all." Did he have one particular girl in mind?  "Yes, mom.  Chloe Moore.  She is so nice.  She took me up to her bedroom once to show me her Kit's treehouse.  That was just so nice of her."  That was nearly 2 years ago, when we lived in Dallas.

Watch out for our little Casanova.


After much begging on Nathan's part, I finally succumbed and enrolled him in Kindergarten this year.  Since his birthday is so late in the year, and with he and Brady being in back to back school grades, we were initially going to wait and send him next year.  Then I decided to research preschools around here.  Cheapest one I found. . . hold on to your hat. . . $3,100 a year, for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week.  It is only that cheap because it is subsidized by our school district.  YIKES! 

I enrolled him in Kindergarten that day.

He has absolutely loved it.  I feel so blessed to live in an area that has such great schools.  He comes home exhausted, but happy. 

 His teacher, Ms. Crispin says that "he keeps me on my toes."  I didn't ask what that meant.  Better to not know.




Such a cute girl.  And a sweetie.  Avery was built for school.  She excels academically, and loves the social part.  My goal with her this year, just to keep her nice.  Third grade can do a number on girls.  She has a goal to "Stay on Green" with her behavior at school all month, which means no chatting, giggling, snorting with laughter, etc.  She does this and she can pick from the prize box. 

She worked so hard this summer, and was so good and helpful, that now her prize box is empty.  I better get sewing.




Then there is Isaac.  He started 5th grade this year.  I remember 5th grade very clearly, which scares me a bit with Isaac.  I can no longer mess up royally as a mom and hope that he will forget about it later.  He remembers.  

Isaac still loves school, which makes me so happy.  He was so excited that he could try out for chamber orchestra this year, even though he has only been playing his violin for a year.  He worked so hard.  And I mean, so hard.  I was so proud of the effort he put in.  He only had one day to learn a new song, and he was up at 5:45 in the morning so he could get his jobs done in time to get some practicing in.  He also came home and practiced after his homework, and then again that night, I sat with him for nearly an hour helping him fine tune it. 

His hard work was not enough in the end, and he just needed a little more experience playing the teacher said.  He will play in the regular orchestra for now, and then as the year progresses and he wants to try out again, he can.





That just leaves me and Yummers home during the day.  I took a much needed nap on Monday, then spent the rest of the week trying to clean and organize my house from our crazy summer.  

John will be home on Saturday!!!!  Hooray.

No comments: