Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beautiful kids, beautiful day

Last night after I prayed with the kids and tucked them in bed, I came downstairs to finish cleaning up and realized that Avery had already cleared the table, Tupperwared the leftovers, and started on the dishes for me.  I knew that she had disappeared for a minute while I was bathing and praying with the boys, but she came up right when I called her, so I figured she must have just been fiddling around or reading or something.  When I went upstairs to thank her, she just said that she knew I didn't feel good, so she wanted to help out.  What a sweet sweetie girl.  She is beautiful inside and out.

I finally broke down and went to the doctor today since I figured I could only live off of Ibuprofen and Primatine for so long.  Diagnosis:  Bronchitis and a sinus infection.  I have one antibiotic in my system, and am already feeling better.  This is probably more mentally than physically, but anything counts at this point.   

The kids are so sweet when they know I don't feel good.  Take Nathan, for example.  On Sunday when they got home from church, he came and sat near me on the couch for almost 30 minutes.  He played with my hair, and talked to me about church and tucked my blanket in around me.  Then he decided that I needed a more comfortable spot.  So he proceeded to lay back the recliner and spread out the blanket perfectly, making sure there were no wrinkles.  Then he said "Come on mama, I have a comfy spot for you."  And it was, even better than where I had been.  He was so proud. 



The brothers were at it again.  While I was helping the other
kids with homework, they pulled out EVERY single DVD that we
own, looking for some secret "winning code" inside.


They did do a good job cleaning up after I found the mess though.
 
Today was such a lovely day.  After I picked up Nathan from Kindergarten we walked to the playground to play until it was time to get the big kids.  I love watching Yummy play right along with the other kids.  He thinks he is just as big as they are, and Nathan is so good at watching out for him.  He lifts him up so that he can sing/yell into the little megaphone on the playground, and waits for him at the bottom of the slide. 


The big kids put the basketball hoop down so they didn't have to
keep lifting Will up to drop the ball in. 




I think he is so delicious!!!
 When we came home I helped kids with homework and fixed dinner.  We spent the rest of the afternoon playing basketball or freeze tag or swinging on the swings with the neighbors until dinner time.  John rode home and then took Avery straight to soccer, while I put the others to bed.  And now everyone is clean and sleeping.  Hooray!  I will go smell them and kiss them one more time before I go to bed!

No comments: