Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter highlights

How time flies by with a busy family!  So many things that I want to write down and document, but so little time.

Easter arrived out of thin air this year, amidst the beginning of soccer season for 4 children, the beginning of a new semester for John, and the ongoing, seemingly never ending search for that elusive job.  Oh, and did I forget to mention that somebody thought that planning a scout camp out for Easter weekend was a good idea.  (I told one of my friends that it had to have been men planning that one, because no woman in her right mind would have done that.  Women would know better than that. Then she told me that in her ward, they hold their annual fathers and sons camp out on Mother's Day weekend!  Every year!  Oh my.)  But, since it was Isaac's first Boy Scout camp out, I put on a happy, excited, supportive mother face.  Then I packed the back of John's truck full of goodies, tin foil dinners, and as much padding for them to sleep on as I could gather, kissed them both, and sent them on their happy camping way.

They had a wonderful time, as expected.  John and I both decided that we need to take the kids camping more often.  John took some pictures on his phone, so eventually I will put some on here.

I had barely recovered from the camping cleanup, when the Easter Bunny arrived very late Saturday night.  Then, way too early on Sunday morning, the kids arrived in our room and announced that it was time. 



Waiting anxiously to run down the very steep stairs
 We let Yummers come down first and look around, and of course sample the goods for a minute before releasing the older kids. 



Yummy trying to shove in as many Robin Eggs as he can.

Waiting to storm the stairs
 As usual, the Easter Bunny littered his candy, and an unusually large amount of sugar free gum, all over the house.  He also left new church clothes for the kids, and an Easter tie for John. 








Contraband candy was found in every child's scripture bag during church.  And, despite the sugar induced chaos of primary sharing time, I felt the Spirit deeply.  How grateful I am for my Savior and His immeasurable gift of the atonement and resurrection.  It was a beautiful day.

No comments: