Monday, March 5, 2012

Valentines Day Rewind

I love holidays.  I think I am an addict.  I love the decorations (even though they have been significantly pared down for our budget) and the traditions and the anticipation.  John swears that half of the stuff that I do for Easter or Valentines Day or St. Patricks or Christmas, is not really for the kids, but for me.  He is probably right. 

Nonetheless, the kids started asking about our Valentine's breakfast back in January.  This year I had a new idea. 




I gathered ideas for the 14 Days of Valentines from my Better Homes and Garden's magazine and Pinterest, and unfortunately forgot to take a picture until I had given out half of the days.  Luckily I had made these way in advance, so the idea wasn't thwarted by Isaac's crazy hospital stay.

We still had our Valentine's Day breakfast, minus Johnny and Isaac.  Avery so generously loaned me her Valentine's hearts from last year to decorate the table with, but again, I forgot to take a picture. 

Conclusion:  I think I liked the idea of 14 days of Valentines, but by the end, I felt like I had loaded up my kids with junk for two weeks, topped off with school parties, etc.  From now on I think we'll be sticking to breakfast.

No comments: