Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Saturday in Wisconsin

Last Saturday, John decided that we needed an outing.  He is good at impromptu outings.  I think he sensed that I was feeling a bit cooped up from having sick children at home all week, and needed to see the living world again.  He suggested that we drive up to Milwaukee and see a movie.  If you do the math, it is actually cheaper for us to drive to Milwaukee and see a movie at the dollar movie theater there, than to pay for outrageously expensive movie tickets at the theaters here.  This was his argument and I jumped at the chance to be out of the house.

As we crossed into Wisconsin, here is what I heard coming from the back seat:

Brady:  No, Nathan, my feet are waaaaaaaay stinkier than yours.  Smell them.

Nathan (smelling Brady's feet):  No way.  Mine are stinkier.

Brady:  Nathan, I know, I know.  Lets have a sock smelling competition!

Nathan:  Yeah, Brady.  Smell my feet.  They are super stinky.

Then there was a long period of silence, interrupted by giggles.  Then. . .

Brady (jubilant):  I AM THE SOCK SMELLING CHAMPION!


The kids voted to see "Puss in Boots."  I sat in between Avery and Nathan so that I could have my fill of popcorn.  The only problem was, three handfuls of popcorn into the movie, I felt like I was going to throw up on the entire theater, so I quickly excused myself to the ladies room.  And it continued the entire (very long, painful) way home.  Whoever thought it was a good idea to drive all the way to Wisconsin just to see a dollar movie needs to be shot.

No comments: