Thursday, October 13, 2011

Great things about Today

1.  Standing outside in the rain with my Yummers, watching the wind blow the yellow leaves off of the tree in our neighbor's yard.  And, even better, watching Yummers watch the leaves.



2.  Spending the day at home doing laundry and cleaning the house.  We had mountains of laundry piling up and I lost count after the 5th load.  I love days at home.  (Unlike yesterday, when I spent the ENTIRE day at the DMV renewing my driver's license.  It really wasn't the entire day, but nearly 3 hours is close enough for me.  Thank goodness that Yummy is SUCH a good baby and didn't even so much as squeak the entire time.)



3.  Isaac had a field trip to the Robert Crown Center today to attend a puberty education class.  This was my conversation with him when I picked him up from school today.

Mom:  Hey, how was your day?

Isaac:  Uh, seriously sooooooo boring.  That was the WORST field trip of all time. 

Mom:  Really?  Why?

Isaac:  Dude, it was just all of the 5th grade boys packed into this little room and we had to look at slides and hear this guy talk for, like, two hours.  We just had to sit and listen, and it was soooooo boring.

Mom:  Didn't you learn anything new?

Isaac:  No, nothing at all.  I was most disappointed in the lack of fun (his exact words).  We didn't get to walk around or anything like a normal field trip.  Dude, it was so bad that I told Derek on the bus ride home that I would rather have been taking ISAT's (Illinois's standardized testing) all day.  You shouldn't have even paid the five dollars.  And we didn't even get the goodie bag with deodorant and stuff like people said. 

I love 10 year old boys.


4.  Eating this for dinner.



Balsamic glazed pork tenderloin.  Yum!

No comments: